Test to see if you can benefit from attending a Buteyko course.
If you answer yes to any of the following then Buteyko can certainly help you.
- Do you suffer from asthma?
- Do you snore at night?
- Do you stop breathing in your sleep?
- Do you suffer from sleep apnoea?
- Can you hear yourself breathe?
- Do you ever breathe through your mouth?
- Do you sigh, yawn, sneeze, wheeze or snore?
- Do you cough or blow your nose?
- Do you suffer from a blocked nose?
- Do you awake with a dry mouth?
- Do you get short of breath?
- Can you feel your upper chest move?
- Do you breathe more than 14 times a minute
The Buteyko course is suitable for children from age three, through to adults of any age. A decrease in symptoms may often occur within the first 24 hours by attending a free introductory seminar. Buteyko courses continue after each seminar for another 4 sessions of 90 minutes over the next 4 days.
You can also watch the free seminar (first course session) from the home page by scrolling to the bottom. This covers the history and theory of the Buteyko Breathing method, conditions for which it may be applied, an outline of the course, and breathing strategies which can be immediately implemented for improving sleep quality and reducing symptoms.
Anyone undertaking the Skype course can have someone with them to provide support such as a spouse or partner. Children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. There is no charge for the support person.